Finchingfield Guildhall Trust (referred to as ‘we’)
Terms and conditions of hall hire
We aim to work with you to make your event a success. However, due to the historic nature of the building and for health and safety reasons all persons hiring Finchingfield Guildhall must comply with our terms and conditions. Once your booking is confirmed you will be asked to sign a copy of these terms and conditions and will receive a letter confirming the period of hire and any other specific instructions we may agree with you.
1. Confirmation of booking and deposits. All bookings are treated as provisional until a deposit of 20% of the hire fee is received. Deposits are non-refundable. Payment of the deposit constitutes acceptance of Finchingfield Guildhall’s terms and conditions, as set out in this document. The balance of payment is due 4 weeks before your event. If you book your event less than 8 weeks before it takes place we require payment in full on receipt of the invoice.
2. Hire period. The period of hire will be stated in your confirmation letter. If you later realise that you need to either start earlier or finish later an additional hire fee will be charged. When arranging your event we will ensure that the period of hire includes sufficient time for you and your guests to leave Finchingfield Guildhall at the end. If we are unable to clear the building at the agreed time you will be charged an additional fee of £100 per hour (or part thereof).
3. Cancellation. We require, and the hirer agrees to give, 4 weeks’ notice of cancellation of a booking.
In the event of cancellation the following charges will apply
Less than 2 weeks prior to event full hire fee payable
Less than 8 weeks prior to event 50% of hire fee
Less than 12 weeks prior to event 25% of hire fee
Over 12 weeks prior to event 20% of hire fee
4. Availability of Finchingfield Guildhall for setting up. When you make a booking we will agree with you how much time this includes prior to the start of your event for setting up. If you, or any of your suppliers such as florists, musicians or caterers, require access outside these times we may make an additional charge for this. Where possible we will do our best to accommodate your requirements without the need for additional charges.
5. Damage to Finchingfield Guildhall. Finchingfield Guildhall is a Grade 1 listed medieval building and the hirer must ensure the building or fixtures and fittings are not damaged in any way. If damage is caused to the building or any fixtures or fittings, the hirer will be responsible for all costs incurred.
6. Death and personal injury. We will not be liable for the death of or injury to any person attending Finchingfield Guildhall unless caused by its negligence or that of its employees
7. Loss of or damage to property. We will not be liable for damage to or the loss of any goods, articles or property of any kind brought into or left at Finchingfield Guildhall by the hirer for his/her own purposes or by any other person, and such property is brought onto the premises at the owner’s risk.
8. Catering. We ask you to use one of our approved caterers. If we agree that you can employ a caterer not on our list we will make an extra charge in addition to the hire fee and your caterer must hold relevant hygiene and public liability certificates and must comply with and sign our caterers’ terms and conditions. You will contract directly with all caterers and we will not be liable for any such caterers or the services supplied by them. The kitchen should be left clean and floors swept. All rubbish should be taken away at the end of the function. No rubbish is to be put in the bin in the churchyard. Any breakages should be notified to the manager.
No person under 18 to enter the kitchen/ operate equipment unaccompanied.
9. Smoking. Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the building or churchyard.
10. Decorations. No bolts, nails, tacks, screws or any other objects are to be driven into any part of the interior or exterior of the building, nor is any adhesive substance, including ‘blue-tack’ to be attached to it.
11. Flowers. Flower arrangements are allowed but cannot be fixed to the building – see item 10. A good florist will however be able to create the perfect floral display for your event taking these restrictions into account. Any non-freestanding decorations must be agreed with us in advance.
12. Candles. Candles are not permitted.
13. Electrical equipment. All portable electrical equipment brought into the building must have been electrically tested for safety. We will require evidence of this prior to your event.
14. Confetti, bubbles, fireworks and balloons. Confetti, bubbles and fireworks are not allowed anywhere on the premises. Balloons are permitted in the Guildroom.
15. Smoke machines. Smoke machines are not permitted anywhere within the building as our fire detectors are extremely sensitive.
16. Music and lights. Live and recorded music, DJs and lighting equipment are permitted in the building subject to prior approval. Times must be agreed with us in advance and volume levels must be approved by the Manager. At the end of an event DJs and performers must finish at the agreed time. Additional hire charges will be incurred for events that overrun. All electrical equipment brought onto the premises must be PAT tested – see item 13.
17. Noise. Finchingfield Guildhall is in a residential area and we ask that you and your guests leave the premises in a quiet and orderly fashion, especially late at night. Volume levels must be adhered to as noted in item 16.
18. Non availability of Finchingfield Guildhall. In the unlikely event that we have to cancel your booking we will refund your deposit and any other monies paid, but shall have no further or additional liability to the hirer whatsoever, including any losses, costs and expenses incurred by the hirer.
19. Advertising. No posters, banners, boards, signs, flags or notices of any type are to be fixed to the exterior of Finchingfield Guildhall without the prior consent of the Manager.
20. Animals. No animals are permitted in Finchingfield Guildhall apart from assistance
21. Museum, shop and Library. Entrance to the museum, shop and library is not included in the hire of the Guildroom.
22. Lift. No person under 18 should operate the lift, or travel unaccompanied.
23. Sound system and projector. No person under 18 should operate the sound system or overhead projector.
24.Tables and chairs. It should be the responsibility of the hirers to arrange the table and chairs, they should allow enough time to do this. The Guildhall expects the hirer to take care when moving heavy items and takes no responsibility for injury caused.
It is the hirers responsibility to ensure safe access to all fire exits at all times during the hire period and must arrange their seating plan accordingly.
If the hirer requires the tables and chairs to be removed from the Guild room it should also be by prior arrangement, an extra cost will be incurred.
On leaving it is the hirers responsibility to stack the chairs orderly against the side of the wall and return the tables to the gap by the lift, leaving safe access to exit the building in an emergency.
25.Use of Guildhall equipment. All equipment is used at the hirers and their guests own risk.
The Guildhall will demonstrate safe handling of equipment specified by the hirer as being used at their event. The hirer should allow time during their hire period for this to happen.
26.Safe exit from the building. The hirer is responsible for the safety of themselves and their guests. The hirer is required to understand the emergency procedures and inform their guests of the location of fire exits and emergency meeting points at the beginning of an event. The hirer must allow time in their hire period to become familiar with the emergency procedures.
27. Refundable deposit. A refundable deposit of £150 is required on payment of the balance of the hire charge. In event that the hire exceeds the agreed times, including setting up, this will be deducted from the deposit. This deposit is also kept to cover any damage incurred or extra cleaning needed above and beyond the usual.